We missed throwback Thursday last week due to injury. We are fully recovered enough to type. Let's get a little two-for in just so you don't feel slighted. This is a gem from 1973, Texas Tech hosting SMU and a bonus Baylor at A&M tacked on the back. Don't adjust your computer that's a classic 70's tint.
While I was out I went ahead and got MORE BULLETS!
- SMU looks an awful lot like Ohio State there, that may have been the point.
- That's astrotuf kids. A synthetic grass that saved on water bills but robbed men of their skin and ACL's at record pace.
- You'll notice in both highlights, EVERY TEAM IS RUNNING THE OPTION!
- Someday we'll say the same thing about the spread.
- SMU would go 6-4-1 and Tech would go 11-1.
- Tech won all of its games except that one against Texas, so guess what? No Cotton Bowl for you. Instead they went to the Gator Bowl and beat Tennessee.
- Notre Dame won the AP National Title while Alabama won the Coaches Poll.
- Couldn't figure a way to work that out I guess.
- 1973 also gave us the Al Pacino classic "Serpico." If you ever wanted to know what the 70's were like in four minutes, it's this trailer.
- Hollywood took a different approach to trailers back then and by different I mean they had no earthly idea what the hell they were doing. Enjoy.