So much for that locker room brotherhood. Richie Incognito is now the target of a harassment probe stemming from his interactions with Jonathan Martin. Here's an excerpt from Jason La Canfora's NFL network report:
There are several instances of threats as well, the sources said, and overall disturbing exchanges, including one in which Incognito refers to defecating in Martin's mouth.
That seems reasonable. Then there's this:
Among the texts that Jonathan Martin made available to his parents, and then, eventually the Dolphins and the NFL, include those in which Richie Incognito refers to Martin, who is biracial, as a "half-n*****," according to a source who was privy to the communication.
Well Richie, I'm sure that was taken out of context. Or, you may be an awful human being. Let's get some context shall we, Richie Icongito, here's your life.
- Incognito was kicked off the Nebraska football team in 2004 for "off the field issues."
- He then enrolled at Oregon but never worked out with the team because he failed to meet specified team requirements.
- Richie was fined $50,000 by the league for personal foul penalties in 2009.
- Incognito and then Rams Coach Steve Spagnuolo got into an altercation after a game.
- He was named the 2nd dirtiest player in the NFL in 2012.
- In the midst of it all, Richie was given Miami's "Good Guy" award in 2012 as the player who helped the media do its job. I have no idea what to think of that other than Richie gives a lot stories to the leering press.
By the way, it appears Richie's dad, allegedly, may not be the nicest guy history's ever recorded.