We done ranked the Texas FBS schools, 1-12.
1. Baylor it ain't show friends it's show business time for the Bruins. OU, then Tech in Arlington, then a trip to Stillwater. Heavy is the head that wears the crown.
2. Houston hangs around at number two, but as the Bud has already said, Saturday's trip to UCF is gonna be HUGE!
3. Texas A&M Bonus points for clobbering a fellow Southwest Round-Up member. Deductions for trailing in the first quarter. Ags reeled off 55 straight. The true test comes soon as the season ends with roadies to Baton Rouge and Missouri.
4. Texas , look at you UT, you are climbing right back into this thing. Be warned, strange things happen in Morgantown. Strange things.
5. Texas Tech , the Bud considered moving you down but we love you too much. After K-State blows into town however our love may be tested.
6. North Texas , the Mean Green are now officially in the C-USA West driver's seat, controlling the stereo, eating moon pies, peeing in Gatorade bottles.
7. Rice , you know what losing to UNT gets you? Dropped. Now you've got a week to think about what you did. Then it's three coast in games and perhaps a 9 win season.
8. Texas State , the Cats have exceeded our miniscule expectations. Now comes the hard part, a trip to Arky State, a home date against the Western Kentucky Fighting Petrinos, and a roadie to Troy. I feel the temperature ain't the only thing dropping in the next month.
9. TCU , you are an Iron Skillet loss from a double digit ranking. West Virginia beat you at home. Now you've got Iowa State at Jack Trice. Prepare for a fist fight in a bar ditch from Paul Rhodes' crew.
10. SMU , the end of your schedule isn't pretty but hey, you've won two straight and no one got busted for paying players during the bye week.
11. UTSA , let's go ahead and circle this Tulane game at home, totes winnable, and your trip to Denton as being season defining. No pressure. Beating Tulsa on the road was impressive by the way, well except for that whole "Tulsa kinda sucks this year" thingy.
12. UTEP , Marty Robbins had the decency to kill of his cowboy in "El Paso", you've still got four weeks of laying in the desert waiting for Felina to show up.