Thursday kicked off the NCAA tournament. The greatest of all sporting events held in March involving NCAA basketball teams. Yes, I know technically Tuesday started the tournament with the play-in games, yes I know these four games are called the first round, they aren't the first round and the field should be 64 teams, not 68. Someone had to say it.
So anyway like I said, Thursday kicked off the NCAA tournament and here are some thoughts IN BULLET POINT FORMAT...
- Why did I ever believe in New Mexico or the rest of the Mountain West for that matter? The Lobos laid their annual egg losing as #3 seed to #14 Harvard, then UNLV dropped the ball against Cal.
- Gonzaga, I see you working, you're overseeded. Admit it. You're a #3 seed at best but you've fooled us. You're the frumpy housewife who got dolled up, but we know you. You're meant to be in mom jeans, you want to be in mom jeans. You won't be around long. The committee tried to do you a favor by putting tournament dog Pitt in your bracket at the #8 seed. Pitt spit the bit and now Gonzaga has Wichita State in the second round.
- Oregon was a #12 seed. A 12! They won the PAC 12 tournament. The first three days of the week were full of experts saying the PAC 12 was down the Mountain West was up, Oregon, Cal, and Arizona would all be done before the first weekend. That went well.
- VCU made Akron look like Akron.
- Butler knocked out Bucknell and thereby eliminating a big time Cinderella from the ball before it even started. Marquette did the same to Davidson.
- Montana and Akron should play a conselation game for a set of steak knives.
- D.J. Stephens of Memphis did this. Bill Raftery was impressed.
- Finally, I give you RAM BOY!