The Grambling Tigers finished their NCAA basketball season Saturday night losing to Alabama State. The loss brings Grambling's record to 0-27. 0-27 doesn't even scratch the surface of how bad this team was.
TO THE NUMBERS:
- The Tigers had one guys who averaged double figure points per game. One guy.
- The Tigers scored 49 points per game but allowed 77 per game.
- As a team the Tigers shot 58% from the free throw line. Unguarded. From 12 feet away.
- The Tigers lost by an average of 27.4 points.
- In November Grambling shot 26% in a 92-49 loss to powerhouse Cleveland State.
- Not to be outdone, a few weeks later they shot 19% in a loss to Southern.
Let's just say the Tigers aren't a bubble team this year, but hey there's always next year. Grambling, you have permission to storm the court if you're able to win a game next year. You can even streak the quad if you want.