Jarveon Williams rushed for a school records 181 yards to help the Roadrunners win in overtime at UNC Charlotte. The Roadrunners took a lead late only to see the 49ers drive for the tying field goal.
In overtime, the 49ers were intercepted in the end zone by Nate Gaines. The Roadrunners then drove to the five before getting the game winning field goal.
UTSA finishes with two home games, first against Rice and concluding the season against Middle Tennessee State.
Blurbs and Notes:
- Jarveon Williams rushed for career-high 181 yards on 19 carries and a touchdown.
- Dalton Sturm threw for 133 yards and two scores but had three interceptions.
- Sophomore PK Daniel Portillo’s 22-yard field goal in overtime was the first game-winning kick of his career.
- Sophomore WR Kerry Thomas Jr. caught a UTSA single-game record nine passes.
- "Well we've been on the road these last few weeks and we were definitely on the ropes today. But these guys, they hung in there. I can stress enough about them and the coaches. Fought til the end and never gave up.“ UTSA Head Coach Larry Coker