You November 17th Power Rankings. Numerically.
1. Houston - There we went and did it - put the Cougars in front of the rest of the establishment syndicate. Call us crazy. They actually have more Top 25 wins than Baylor or TCU.
Trending: Magical but beware: The Navy sails this way.
2. Baylor - Hiccup against OU. Funny how overly athletic teams that dominate the line of scrimmage can rain on your parade.
Trending: Potentially tough times ahead.
3. TCU - The Fighting Boykins needed Kansas to Kansas to get the win. Fortunately if there's one thing you can count on, it’s Kansas Kansasing.
Trending: Oh dear.
4. Texas A&M - You’re outside the top tier, nothing else matters except beating LSU. NOTHING!
Trending: Beating a “Western Carolina” does not improve your prospects.
5. Texas Tech - Life in Lubbock has been good. Life outside Lubbock? Not so much. A thanksgiving trip to Austin ends the Red Raiders’ season.
Trending: Bowl Eligible...so...mediocre I guess?
6. Texas - The roller coaster dipped in Morgantown. Tech pays a visit. Has their been a bigger Tech game since Crabtree and Harrell for UT.
Trending: Is inconsistent a trend?
7. UTEP - Statistically the Miners are the worst team in the FBS. Screw stats, the Miners are the 7th best team in Texas.
Trending: The walking wounded.
8. Rice - The bowl streak is in serious doubt. Seriously. Rice couldn’t block, but made up for it by not tackling.
Trending: The descent has become quite rapid.
9. UTSA - A win in Charlotte! Counts more in NASCAR but we’ll take it.
Trending: Slight uptick. Ever so slight.
10. SMU - Blow’d out at Navy, but then, you’ve been blow’d out a lot.
Trending: The tempo-copter is out of gas.
11. North Texas - A moral victory in Knoxville. No a real win, but morally we all feel better.
Trending: It’s almost over North Texas.
12. Texas State - Georgia State doesn’t typically get to put in the backups. They were able to do so against Texas State.
Trending: It’s bad Fran, real bad.