1. Texas A&M (7-2) Bad new's A&M, you're not a playoff team. Really bad news, you lost to a team that lost to South Alabama. Awful news, your quarterback left his shoulder in Starkvegas.
2. Houston (7-2) Bet that bye week felt good Coogs. You get Tulane this week at home. That's like a bye week or maybe just a semi-intense intrasquad scrimmage.
3. TCU (5-4) Yes, you beat Baylor in Waco by 40 we'll give you credit. Enjoy the leap Frogs. See what we did there. Okie State comes after the bye. Can Patterson pull his season out of the fire in the final three game? We're about to find out.
4. Texas (5-4) Texas is back. Over .500. We've got to using that line. Can Texas beat Baylor, Tech, and West Virginia back to back to back? How's Red McCombs going to take it?
5. Baylor (6-2) When you've lost two straight, including one by 40, the solution is never to travel to Norman. Hang on Bears, this might get ugly. Well, uglier.
6. Texas Tech (4-5) Tech travels to Stillwater, a tough task. The good news is we've checked Okie State's roster and D'Onta Foreman is not on it. The bad news is we've checked your roster and your defense is still on it.
7. UTSA (5-4) UTSA went to Murfreesboro as a 20 point underdog and BURNED THE PLACE DOWN. The biggest game in program history is coming on Saturday in Ruston. The Runners are a 20 point underdog. Hmmmmm.
8. SMU (4-5) Remember that two game winning streak and all that good vibes? Memphis came to the Hilltop and poof, it's gone. Homecoming crowds don't want to see 44 point losses.
9. North Texas (4-5) The Mean Green put up a decent fight for a half against Louisiana Tech, but then the roof caved in. Better get a tarp up, UNT travels to Western Kentucky on Saturday.
10. UTEP (3-6) Beating a Southland team is not a clean score. It's better than losing to a Southland team. Now the Miners travel to the wilds of south Florida for Florida Atlantic. A win and we can start talking about a dash for cash.
11. Texas State (2-6) The Bobcats welcome Idaho to San Marvelous Saturday. Idaho of course is voluntarily moving down to the FCS next year. Probably oughta think about winning this one.
12. Rice (1-8) Florida Atlantic was 1-7 coming into Rice on Saturday. Saturday FAU looked like an SEC team. A Western Division team no less. Charlotte is excited to welcome Rice. Giddy some might say.