Well, that was unexpected. Army routed UTEP in the Sun Bowl and sending the Miners into a tailspin as they head into the conference slate. Here's what we saw...
- This was complete dominance on both sides of the ball. Army looked incredible, UTEP helped. UTEP's defense was dominated at the point of attack, never slowing an Army flexbone attack that racked up 425 yards rushing at 5.8 yards a carry.
- We don't know who Army'spunter is. He never saw the field. The Black Knights scored on every possession except one, their last the clock ran out.
- UTEP's three headed quarterback monster may not possess an answer. None of the three were effective enough to concern the Black Knights. Head coach Sean Kugler actually used multiple quarterbacks in several series to little or no success.
- Army held Roundup favorite Aaron Jones to 67 yards on 11 carries.
- UTEP welcomes Eastern Division favorite Southern Miss to the Sun Bowl next week.