In honor of the Iron Skillet, we bring you a recent classic from the series, the 2011 game between the Mustangs and Frogs from Crazy Ass Fort Worth.
- Rich Rodriguez lends his golden pipes to the color commentary. We wondered what Rich did between his Michigan firing and his Arizona hiring, now we know.
- June Jones had SMU rolling by 2011. He guided the 'Stangs to their first bowl game in 2009 and would make it three in a row in 2011 and four in a row in 2012.
- The Mustangs fell off the table after 2012, Jones was gone shortly after that.
- In 2011 the Mustangs were quarterbacked by J.J. McDermott from Katy. McDermott started his career at New Mexico State before transferring to SMU in 2009.
- SMU's Zach Line rushed for over 1,200 yard in 2011 at almost six yards a carry.
- TCU was coming off a Rose Bowl win and an undefeated 2010. The 2011 season started on a sour note with a loss at Baylor, but even with this loss to SMU the Frogs won 11 games and the Poinsettia Bowl over Louisiana Tech.
- 2011 was also the Frogs last in the Mountain West as the Big 12 came calling in 2012.
- The Frogs entered the game as the 20th ranked team in nation. Brownwood's Casey Pachall quarterbacked TCU. His career was on an upward trajectory when substance abuse issued derailed him. A stint in rehab did Pachall a world of good and he actually left TCU among the school's leaders in career passing statistics.
Enjoy a little skillet with bonus football at the end.